Would you like to create your own technology-based business, but you need help getting started? The Economic Development Innovation Initiative (EDI2) aides in the growth of Hillsborough County’s technology and innovation start-ups and small businesses. Read the
- Fiscal Year 2013 - 27 events and $229,887
- Fiscal Year 2014 - 28 events and $228,274
- Fiscal Year 2015 - 32 events and $215,870
- Increase recognition of the technology and innovation assets in the community and increased competitive positioning for attracting and retaining technology and innovation professionals, entrepreneurs and investors.
- Build the capacity of the local ecosystem of technical assistance resources, mentors, co-working locations, accelerators and incubators that are targeted for the unique needs of technology companies.
- Drive multiple opportunities and events for peer-to-peer connections to power innovation.
- Grow technology companies through increased survival rates, access to capital and connections to customers.
- Facilitate collaboration among existing organizations and resources available to assist entrepreneurs and start-ups and be a clearinghouse for them to navigate the resources available.
- Read the entire EDI2 Program Update
Program Focus Areas
- Sponsorship of events to increase awareness, attract new talent and provide networking opportunities; and industry promotion activities
- Align county resources to be an advocate for the start-up community, facilitate coordination of existing organizations and industry resources, participate in ecosystem organizations; and support research efforts to provide ongoing commitment to successful implementation of the EDI2 program.
- Support to nonprofits engaged in incubation, accelerating, mentoring and networking to strengthen the technology and innovation ecosystem and leverage private sector resources and support.