Economic Development Innovation Initiative
Hillsborough County is growing technology and innovation start-ups, jobs, and private investment by strengthening the services and resources that directly support entrepreneurs through our Economic Development Innovation Initiative (EDI2).
EDI2 has a program-oriented framework, providing grant funding and support for large-in-scale events or opportunities that enable entrepreneurs to achieve success. Within the EDI2 program there are strong outcome metrics and an alignment of the program with other Hillsborough County initiatives such as the Entrepreneur Collaborative Center, Innovation District Initiative, and the Battelle Biosciences Action Plan.
Growing Great Ideas
Through the EDI2 program, Hillsborough County is strengthening services and resources such as high quality mentors and support structures, access to capital, collaboration of entities, commercialization of research, and advocacy that directly support entrepreneurs.
EDI2 Goals and Objectives
- Increase connections to high quality mentors and support
- Enhance access to capital for technology and innovation start-up entrepreneurs
- Facilitate collaboration among existing resources and be a clearinghouse for entrepreneurs
- Support the commercialization of institutional research
- Align county resources to be an “advocate-in-chief”, participating in ecosystem organizations, and supporting research, educational and business development efforts
More Information and Applications for Funding
Pre-application meetings with staff are strongly encouraged. For more information email EDI2@HCFLGov.net or call (813) 272-6217.