Apply for a Historic Preservation Challenge Grant
The Hillsborough County Historic Preservation Challenge Grant Program was created to promote historic preservation, heritage tourism, and related business and economic development within both incorporated and unincorporated Hillsborough County.
Projects eligible for funding must fall within one or more of the following non-residential project types: rehabilitation or restoration of historic structures, compatible additions to historic properties, improvements to historic sites or grounds, and architectural heritage tourism projects.
Available grant funds are competitively awarded to selected applicants with a requiredon a minimum of one-to-one (1:1) matching basis, not to exceed an award of more than $250,000 per applicant, per project in any County budget year.
- The project must be located in Hillsborough County.
- An applicant may be an eligible nonprofit or private individual or entity, but may not be a government or other public body.
- Only non-residential projects are eligible.
- The applicant must match all of the County grant funds by at least a 1:1 ratio and at least 50 percent of the applicant’s match must be in the applicant’s cash or in-kind contribution of labor or materials that otherwise meet project requirements.
- A minimum of 50 percent of the match (in other words, 25 percent of total Project budget) must be provided by the applicant.
- The applicant’s match may not be provided solely through alternative matching funds or other sources. Reimbursements are made on cash outlays only.
- Please refer to the documents below for the detailed requirements regarding eligible projects and applicants.
Things To Consider
- The 2017 application period is now closed
- Download the 2017 Historic Preservation Challenge Grant (HPCG) manual
- This guidebook outlines the process and requirements of the HPCG Program, answers basic questions for the completion of the grant application, and explains administration requirements related to an award
- The appendices are a compilation of forms used in applying to the Program, formalizing an Agreement with the County and reporting on progress in a Request for Payment
- Your signed, completed application submission must be postmarked or delivered by 3 p.m., Wednesday, June 7, 2017
- Any partial or completed applications submitted after the deadline are late and not eligible for consideration
- FY 17 applicant presentations are scheduled for Tuesday, June 27, 2017, from 1 to 5 p.m.
- Presentations will take place at:
601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
26th Floor, Conference Rooms A&B
Tampa, FL 33602