The Hillsborough County market is one of the most dynamic and economically-vibrant communities in the nation, but don’t take our word for it, see what others are saying about us.
- USF Ranks Among the Top of the World for Patents
USF ranks 5th among American public universities in generating new US patents in 2016.
- Tampa Bay rebounds in Best Cities report
After ranking #169 in 2009, the Tampa Bay area is up to #33 on the Milken Institute's Best Cities in America report, which looks at employment, growth in wages, and technology output.
- Entrepreneurship is growing in the Tampa metro
The Tampa metro ranks 22nd in the nation for small business activity in an annual Kauffman Foundation report and is one of only nine metros showing positive changes in the rankings.
- Hillsborough among the fastest-growing large counties
Hillsborough ranked 14th among large US counties for the number of residents gained between 2009 and 2014.
- USF ranks 25th among public universities for research funding
The University of South Florida increased its research expenditures to $488.6 million in 2014, as tracked through the National Science Foundation.
- Tampa metro among best major US cities for college students
The Tampa metro area is ranked as one of the best cities for college students, based on factors such as cost of living, economic activity, and arts and entertainment.
- USF ranks No. 2 nationally for veterans
The University of South Florida was ranked as the second-best four-year institution in the U.S. for veterans, according to an annual Military Times list.
- Best city in the Southeast
Money Magazine ranked Tampa the number one city in the Southeast based on a robust job market, affordable property prices, and international aspirations.
- Burgeoning food scene earns Tampa a shout-out
Travel + Leisure called out new restaurants that are elevating Tampa's unique culinary culture. Highlighted restaurants include Ulele, Fodder and Shine, and Epicurean.
- Great Places in the South to Escape Winter's Chill
Convention South named Hillsborough County as a great place to escape to for the winter.
- Hillsborough among leading U.S. counties in hotel job growth
Headlight Data shows that among tourist-heavy destinations Hillsborough County ranked 2nd for growth in hotel industry jobs.
- Best Cities for Staycations
Wallethub named Tampa the 8th best city for a staycation, highlighting numerous opportunities for recreation and relaxation.
- Top Moving Destinations
Penske notes that the Tampa area is the second most popular moving destination across the United States.
- Quirkiest Cities in America
Travel + Leisure named Tampa one of the quirkiest cities in America, thanks to the amount of diversity throughout the county.
- Top Picks for Family Travel in 2015
Trekaroo included Tampa and Hillsborough County on their list of great places for families to visit.
- Best Beer Towns
Tampa ranks 2nd on a list of best beer towns as voted on by USA Today readers across the country.
- Best Places for Business & Careers
The Tampa MSA is ranked 34th on the Forbes list for its job growth and unemployment rates.
- Top 10 Boomtown
SmartAssest ranks Tampa 10th as a top boomtown based on population growth, low crime rate, affordable housing, and others.
- Tampa Among the Best Big Cities to Live In
Tampa ranked 14th in 2017 among big US cities based upon affordability, economy, education & health, quality of life, and safety.
- Florida ranks No. 2 Growth State
The State of Florida was ranked second in 2017 by U-Haul for truck rentals entering versus leaving a state.
- Tampa Among Best Cities to Start a Career
WalletHub ranked Tampa No. 19 in 2017 when compared to 150 U.S. markets based on factors like average starting salary, career friendliness, and housing affordability.
- Tampa Second Best City for Young Entrepreneurs
NerdWallet ranked Tampa No. 2 for young entrepreneurs based on C&I loans, population with college degree, and cost of living.