The Joint Airport Zoning Board oversees the Polk County Airport Zoning Regulations that control the uses of land around four publicly-owned airports: Bartow Municipal Airport, Lakeland Linder Regional Airport, Lake Wales Municipal Airport, and Winter Haven Municipal Airport; and four privately-owned airports; Brown Seaplane Base, Chalet Suzanne Airport, River Ranch Airport, and South Lakeland Airpark.
This Board has the power to adopt, administer, and enforce airport zoning regulations to prevent the creation or establishment of airport hazards.
The approach zones for some of Polk County's airports include territory in Hillsborough County.
The membership of this Board is comprised of 24 members appointed as follows:
- Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners - 2 members
- Polk County Board of County Commissioners - 2 members
- City Commission of the City of Lakeland
- City Commission of the City of Bartow
- City Commission of the City of Winter Haven
- City Commission of the City of Auburndale
- City Commission of the City of Lake Alfred
- City Commission of the City of Lake Wales
Airport managers of each political subdivision may serve as non-voting members.
Hillsborough County has two voting members and one non-voting member.
Members serve at the pleasure of the Board.
Annual financial disclosure is required.
Subject to the Florida Sunshine Laws.
Subject to the Code of Ethics for County Officials.
Chapter 333.03, Florida Statutes and executed through an interlocal agreement pursuant to Hillsborough County Resolution 78-480 approved on August 23, 1978.
Curtis Knowles, Sr. Transportation Planner
Polk Transportation Planning Organization
Phone: (863) 534-6486 (w) or (863) 534-6491 (d)
|Member||Position||Dates of Service|