What is Safe and Sound Hillsborough?
The Hillsborough County Community Violence Prevention Collaborative (VPC or Collaborative) was created in the summer of 2013 as an initiative to transform the way local policy makers address violence. This initiative shifts policy from a public safety to a public health model and aligns community and professional stakeholders to develop a comprehensive prevention and intervention approach.
The Collaborative featured a Leadership Council of local elected policymakers who established priorities:
- Administrative Office of the Courts for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit
- Children's Board of Hillsborough County
- City of Plant City
- City of Tampa
- City of Temple Terrace
- Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners
- Hillsborough County Public Defender's Office
- Hillsborough County Public Schools
- Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office
- State Attorney's Office for the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit