The Riverview Branch Library, located at 10509 Riverview Drive, is one of about 30 library facilities under Hillsborough County’s City-County Public Library system. At 8,000 square feet and 35 years old, the current building is considered outdated and too small for the increased customer use that has accompanied new development in the area in recent years.
Hillsborough County has received feedback from residents on what kinds of future amenities and improvements they would like to see, how they feel about the current location versus a different site, and whether there is interest in housing other County services – or perhaps even a private venture – as part of the library facility.
The future site for the approximately 35,000 square foot library has been identified on Balm Riverview Road, just north of Boyette Road.
Cost & Funding
This $12.6 million project is being funded by the Library Fund.
To be determined once the final scope of the project is decided.
- Project Manager - Erthel Hill, Real Estate & Facilities Services (813) 272-7008
- Library Services - David Wullschleger, Operations Manager, Library Services (813) 272-6791
- News Release - Public Meeting March 3 to Discuss Proposed Sites for the Riverview Library
- Proposed Sites
- Past Presentations and meetings
- Upcoming Meetings and Open Houses
- December 14, 2017 - Open House at Riverview High School