Call For "Doctor Who" Fan Art in the Library
Hillsborough County, Fla. (May 9, 2017) - If you're a humanoid artist who happens to be a "Doctor Who" fan, the Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library system has a time-stopping offer for you.
Hillsborough County artists of all ages are invited to submit "Doctor Who" fan art for a competition and exhibition to kick off the library's 2017 Summer Reading program. Dubbed The Day of the Doctor, the kickoff event is a tribute to the BBC's long-running sci-fi series "Doctor Who" that features the time-traveling adventures of an immortal alien.
Applications will be accepted through June 1. Artwork accepted into the exhibition will be displayed at the John F. Germany Public Library in downtown Tampa from June 10-30.
To apply, artists should:
- Submit one example of the kind and style of artwork they intend to exhibit.
- Include a cover letter highlighting brief biographical information and other interesting facts about the artist or artwork.
- Note the exact size and composition of the artwork to be entered.
- Mail submissions with digital images on a CD to: John F. Germany Public Library, Attn: Rachel Robledo, 900 N. Ashley Drive, Tampa FL, 33602; or via email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This contest/exhibition is open to artists of all ages.
- The artwork will be exhibited at the John F. Germany Public Library for two weeks with no fee to the artist.
- The artist must bring artwork ready to hang on designated wall space at a mutually agreed upon date and time.
- A contest will be held on Saturday, June 10 during the Day of the Doctor event, and prizes will be awarded.
- The exhibition, its publicity (including exhibit photos), placement and inclusion of artwork, and exhibition duration rests entirely with Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Libraries.
For more information, call Rachel Robledo, Library Services, at (813) 273-3652.