Consumer and Veterans Services to Host Open Houses
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Nov. 7, 2016) - November brings recognition and attention to our nation's military veterans. In conjunction with the month's observances, Hillsborough County Consumer & Veterans Services invites residents and visitors to learn more about its programs and services during two open houses.
The open houses are scheduled from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Tuesday, Nov. 15 at the Brandon Regional Service Center, 311 Pauls Drive in Brandon
- Wednesday, Nov. 16 at the SouthShore Regional Service Center, 410 30th St. SE in Ruskin
Each event will feature a special lunch-and-learn program at noon with food, door prizes, and valuable information on a wide variety of veterans benefits, consumer protection education, and public safety issues. The Hillsborough County Veterans Council will also be on hand to welcome volunteers, and showcase items from the Veterans Memorial Park and Museum collection. Reservations are requested for the lunch-and-learn programs. For more information email Marti Ryan, or call (813) 635-8316.
Consumer & Veterans Services works to help residents in a variety of ways, including:
- Certified Veterans Service Officers connect military members and their families to benefits.
- Consumer Protection specialists help keep money in the pockets of especially vulnerable or unsuspecting victims of scams.
- The Rapid Response Team addresses illegal dumping, debris removal, dangerous structure demolition, and has added a Marine Safety Unit.
For more information about the department, visit Consumer & Veterans Services.