Commissioners Select Appointments for Boards, Councils
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Nov. 16, 2017) - Members of the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners, during their annual organizational meeting today, agreed to retain most of the same positions on the various boards, committees, and councils on which they serve.
Some of the appointments include:
- Affordable Housing Advisory Board - Al Higginbotham
- Arts Council of Hillsborough County - Victor D. Crist
- Aviation Authority - Crist
- Children's Board of Hillsborough County - Sandra L. Murman
- Environmental Protection Commission - Lesley "Les" Miller, Jr., chair; Crist, vice chair
- Hillsborough Area Regional Transit Authority - Stacy R. White, Murman, Pat Kemp, Miller
- Hospital Authority - Miller, Murman
- Juvenile Justice Board - Kemp
- MOSI - Higginbotham
- Port Authority - Murman
- Tampa Bay Regional Planning Council - Crist, member; White, alternate
- Tampa Bay Water Board of Directors - Murman, Kemp
- Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corp. - Ken Hagan
- Tampa Sports Authority - Hagan
- The Florida Aquarium Board of Directors - White
A complete list is posted at HCFLGov.net/BOCC.
At the start of the meeting, Commissioners selected Murman as chairman, and Crist as vice chairman. Commissioner White will serve as chaplain.