Mosquito Control Spraying By Air August 17
Hillsborough County, Fla. (August 16, 2017) - Hillsborough County Mosquito Control will treat areas in the eastern part of Hillsborough County on Thursday, August 17, between 8:30 p.m. and 1 a.m. by air. The product Dibrom will be used to control adult mosquitoes on roughly 30,000 acres. If weather or mechanical issues prevent this treatment Thursday, the mission will be rescheduled for Friday, August 18 or Saturday, August 19, between 8:30 p.m. and 1 a.m.
The boundaries of the areas to be sprayed are:
Block 1 (10,000 acres)
North Boundary: Justin Lane
South Boundary: West Knights Griffin Road
East Boundary: Bumpy Way
West Boundary: McIntosh Road
Block 2 (10,000 acres)
North Boundary: West Trapnell Road
South Boundary: Old Hopewell Road
East Boundary: Polk County Line Road
West Boundary: Turkey Creek Road
Block 3 (10,000 acres)
North Boundary: Thompson Road
South Boundary: Wendel Avenue
East Boundary: Amber Lane
West Boundary: Boyette Road
The mission will be done by a twin engine Piper Aztec airplane at an altitude of 300 feet.
For more information on this spraying, contact Hillsborough County Mosquito Control at (813) 635-5400.
Stop Mosquitoes from Living and Multiplying Around Your Home
Residents may have standing water around their homes that can support the breeding of mosquitoes. Follow these tips from the Florida Department of Health to help prevent mosquito breeding:
- Drain water from garbage cans, house gutters, pool covers, coolers, toys, flower pots, buckets, watering cans, kiddie pools, and any other containers where rainwater has collected.
- Discard old tires, drums, bottles, cans, pots and pans, broken appliances, and other items that may collect water.
- Clean out rain gutters and downspouts regularly.
- Empty and clean birdbaths and pet water bowls at least once or twice a week.
- Protect boats and vehicles from rain with tarps that do not accumulate water.
- Keep swimming pools in good condition, and maintain chlorination.
For more information on the Hillsborough County Mosquito Control Unit and tips on preventing or reducing mosquitoes, visit HCFLGov.net/Mosquito.
Communications & Digital Media
Desk: (813) 272-6699
Cell: (813) 728-1447