Relief Offered to Seniors Experiencing Power Outages
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Sept. 14, 2017) - Hillsborough County is offering hot meals and a cool place for senior citizens experiencing power outages in the County. Hillsborough County Aging Services will open six nutrition and wellness sites to offer relief during the day to all residents 60 years and older.
Aging Services will serve a hot meal at lunchtime at each location, as well as offer a place for seniors to simply escape the heat.
The sites will be open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 15, then Monday, Sept. 18 through Wednesday, Sept. 20. The sites include:
- Brandon Senior Center, 612 N. Parsons Ave. in Brandon, (813) 635-8066 - Lunch served at 11:45 a.m.
- Gardenville Recreation Center, 6215 Symmes Road in Gibsonton, (813) 671-7601 - Lunch served at 11:30 a.m.
- Lutz Senior Center, 112 NW 1st Ave. in Lutz, (813) 264-3804 - Lunch served at noon
- Oaks at Riverview Senior Center, 101 E. Kirby St. in Tampa, (813) 272-6829 - Lunch served at noon
- Ruskin Senior Center, 905 6th St. SE in Ruskin, (813) 672-1107 - Lunch served at noon
- Wimauma Senior Center, 5714 North St. in Wimauma, (813) 671-7672 - Lunch served at 11:45 a.m.
The six sites will be closed on Saturday, Sept. 16, and Sunday, Sept. 17.
Seniors must be a Hillsborough County resident and will need a valid ID with a county address. Residents should call to reserve a hot meal if they are able to. Meals will also be provided outside of lunchtime hours.
Communications & Digital Media