Teen Academy Allows Students to Explore Fulfilling Careers in Hospitality and Tourism
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Feb. 23, 2018) - Hillsborough County is partnering with the Community Action Board and Visit Tampa Bay to host a free, day-long Teen Hospitality & Tourism Academy on Friday, March 16 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for students interested in careers in Tampa Bay's hospitality and tourism industry.
The chaperoned academy will allow 80 Hillsborough County teens (ages 13 to 17 years old) to learn about various meaningful and employable careers within the hospitality and tourism industry. Teens will learn valuable skills, gain confidence, and make long-term connections as they observe expert professionals at work.
Highlights of the academy include:
- Breakfast at Tampa Marriot Waterside and lunch at Columbia Restaurant
- Walking tour of the Tampa Convention Center and Hilton Tampa Downtown
- Cruising the Tampa Riverwalk on the Pirate Water Taxi
- Personal networking with top industry professionals
- Giveaways and raffles for youth and their families
The Teen Hospitality & Tourism Academy is funded by a Community Services Block Grant (CSBG), and is open to eligible families within Hillsborough County who meet free and reduced lunch guidelines.
Families can learn more and reserve a spot for their teen by contacting Marie Theodore at (813) 277-1649 or TheodoreM@HCFLGov.net. The registration deadline is Friday, March 2.