Thanksgiving Office and Facilities Closings
Hillsborough County, Fla. (Nov. 16, 2017) - Most Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
There is no collection of garbage, recyclables, or yard waste on Thanksgiving Day, and all disposal sites will be closed. Collection and disposal services will resume Friday, Nov. 24, on a normal schedule.
All libraries in the Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative will close early Nov. 20-22, and will be closed Nov. 23-24. For a complete list of library hours for the holiday week, call (813) 273-3652 or visit hcplc.org.
All conservation parks will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, but will be open Friday.
CLOSED - Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 23, and Friday, Nov. 24
- The administrative offices of County government.
- All libraries.
- All County recreation centers, skate parks, the Bakas Equestrian Center, and the administrative offices of Parks & Recreation.
- The Pet Resource Center. A limited number of animal safety and enforcement officers will be on call for emergencies only through the main number, (813) 744-5660. The animal shelter will reopen at 10 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 25.
- Hillsborough County's Customer Service Center, (813) 272-5900.
- The Center for Development Services.
- All Social Services Community Resource Centers, County-operated Head Start/Early Head Start Centers, and senior centers and nutrition sites.
- The Sunshine Line transportation service.
- The Public Utilities Department customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon. Emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service may be directed to (813) 744-5600.
OPEN - Friday, Nov. 24
- All conservation parks.
- Hillsborough County solid waste collection services will resume as usual. Also, the Southeast County Landfill, Northwest and South County transfer stations, Resource Recovery Facility, community collection centers, and yard waste processing facilities will reopen with a normal schedule.