In response to rising illegal prescription drug use, distribution, and deaths caused by prescription drug abuse, the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners adopted an ordinance that put a moratorium on new pain management clinics in the county. We require clinics to undergo an annual licensing process to continue operating. We are responsible for the administration, registration, and oversight of these clinics, and Code Enforcement partners with law enforcement and citizen groups to promote the safety goals of the ordinance. If you are looking for a pain management clinic, search our listing of all licensed clinics in the county.
Clinic Employee Fingerprint Requirements
We require pain management clinics to submit fingerprints of all clinic employees. Code Enforcement has fingerprint scanning equipment to make the process as convenient and efficient as possible.
Information for pain management clinics on employee fingerprint scanning:
- Scanning process available by appointment only
- Email LiveScan@HCFLGov.net for an appointment
- Code Enforcement scanning location: 3629 Queen Palm Dr., Tampa, FL
- No additional charge for fingerprint scanning
- See list of licensed pain management clinics in Hillsborough County
- Pain Management Clinic Ordinance
- Apply for Renewal of Pain Management Clinic License
- Employee List Update Form (for clinics)
- Inspection Checklist
For more information on pain management clinics, contact Code Enforcement at (813) 274-6600.