Discarding Household Paint & Electronics

Five intact household electronic items are accepted along with ancillary equipment such as keyboards and routers each month. The items must not be stripped or missing their housing as the sharp edges and exposed components can cause injuries. 

Items accepted: 

  • Paint – Latex & Oil based Paint/Stain/Varnish
    • Limit: 10 one-gallon containers and 5 five-gallon containers; must be sealed and not leaking
  • Computers and components
  • Computer Backup Power Supply
  • Fax machines
  • Laptop computers
  • Monitors
  • Printers
  • Radios
  • Stereo components
  • Telephones/Cellphones
  • Televisions
  • VCR/DVD players

Items not accepted:

  • Commercial waste
    • Download a list of disposal contractors that pickup hazardous waste, used oil, electronics and fluorescent lamps for disposal by commercial facilities

Where to take it:

The following locations accept paint and electronics Monday through Saturday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. - except Wimauma, which is only open the third Saturday of the month from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.:

*Download Household Hazardous Waste Program brochure 

What to bring:

  • Photo ID