Leak Adjustment

For water or wastewater emergencies, call (813) 744-5600


Jump to:



Customers who have experienced a high water bill due to a water leak may be eligible for a leak adjustment. If granted, the adjustment will be applied to your account as a credit against future bills.

Things to Consider

  • Leaks must be repaired before an adjustment will be considered and must have proof of repair
  • Usage is at least twice the average consumption during the last year
  • Has not received a leak adjustment in the past year 
  • Has had at least 3 months service at the premise
  • Usage has returned to normal on the monthly read following the repairs
  • Adjustments will not be considered in cases where the leak has not been repaired, does not exceed twice the annual average consumption, the leak  involved the repair of plumbing associated with a swimming pool
  • The customer is responsible for all billings until receipt of written notification of leak adjustment or denial

How To

  1. Complete the online form providing details about the leak and how repairs were made.


  1. Complete the form, print it and mail to:
    Hillsborough County Public Utilities – PUD Accounting
    332 N Falkenburg Rd
    Tampa, Florida 33619

Get Help

(813) 272-6680

Get Started