Hillsborough County Fire Rescue, Office of Emergency Management is responsible for reviewing and approving a growing number of Comprehensive Emergency Management Plans (CEMP) for licensed healthcare facilities in the County including adult day cares, assisted living facilities, hospitals, nursing homes and surgical centers.
The facilities are required by the American Healthcare Association to have an approved CEMP to renew their license annually. Florida Statute 252, the Florida Administrative Code, County requirements, and the AHCA Planning Criteria are utilized to support the approval of plans. Here you can complete the planning criteria and upload your CEMP plan.
Preparedness event: Be Prepared, Be Ready and Make a Plan
The Tampa Bay Health & Medical Preparedness Coalition, and the St. Petersburg College Workforce Institute present the Hazards & Healthcare Conference: Passport to Preparedness.
The event will feature many different presenters, classes, and trainings, including:
- Systems Overview
- Impact of New Florida Rule of AHCA
- Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM)
- Interagency Hazards and Training Exercise
- Active Shooter Video and Discussion
- $99 if you register before April 12
- $119 if you register after April 12
- Includes continental breakfast, buffet lunch, and refreshments
- Date & Time:
- April 26, 2017
- Registration is from 7:30 to 8 a.m.
- Conference is from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Port of Tampa - Terminal 2
651 Channelside Dr.
Tampa, FL 33602
- Port of Tampa - Terminal 2
- Continuing education credits:
- 6.5 CE hours
- Approved for ALF, NHA, Nurses, LCSW, LMFT, LMHC, PT/PTA (FPTA approved), OT/OTA, Respiratory, and Dietitians
For more information or to register by phone call (727) 341-3393.
1. A complete Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan (CEMP). If you do not have a completed CEMP. Download the CEMP template for your facility:
2. Current Approval Letter or Signed Stamp for your Fire Safety Plan from the Fire Marshal's office. Note: This differs from the Facility Inspection conducted by the Fire Department. Your Facility Inspection Report is not acceptable evidence of your Fire Safety Plan being approved.
3. EM Resource Registration Confirmation - New Registration. For questions regarding enrollment or facility data contact the AHCA Bureau for Health Facility Regulation by email or call 850-412-4304. Note: Not required for Surgery Centers or Adult Day Cares, mandated as of April 1, 2014, ESS no longer in use.
4. Updated mutual aid agreements with signatures and current dates.
Once your submission is received, a letter of receipt will be issued once the reviewer has deemed the Comprehensive Emergency Management Plan complete with all requirements for review. If the requirements for submission are met, a letter of receipt will be issued. If the plan is missing documentation, a deficient / need more information to complete letter will be provided. You have 30 days to submit corrections.
Once the final review is complete and it has been determined your plan meets the criteria, you will receive an invoice letter with pay online instructions.
Once you complete the payment online, submit the payment confirmation to us by email so that your approval letter may be released. See Fee Structure for Plan review.
Questions about plan submission or the review process, email Shayla Prezas or call (813) 272-6622 Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.