Canoes and kayaks are available for rent at several County parks. Boats can be rented on site at the park's entry station.
What you need to know
- A liability release and rental agreement must be completed at the park entry station.
- Patrons must leave a driver's license with the ranger on duty to ensure return of all County-issued equipment
- Renters will receive life vests, paddles and a numbered key.
- Patrons are responsible for unlocking, removing, launching, and placing the canoe/kayak back on the rack and locking it when finished.
- Key/whistle, vests and paddles are to be returned to the entry station.
Canoes and kayaks are available for rent at:
- Alderman’s Ford Park - 100 Alderman Ford Park Drive, Plant City, FL
- Edward Medard Park - 6140 Turkey Creek Road, Plant City, FL
- E.G. Simmons Park - 2401 19th Ave. N.W., Ruskin, FL
- Lake Park - 17302 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Lutz, FL
- Lettuce Lake Park - 6920 E. Fletcher Ave., Tampa, FL
- Upper Tampa Bay Park - 8001 Double Branch Road, Tampa, FL
*Rentals at Upper Tampa Bay Park are conducted in the Environmental Studies Building.
Canoes/kayaks rental fees
- Local rental (one park) for up to four hours: $25
- Trip rental (drop off different location) for up to four hours: $30
- Hourly fee for each additional hour: $10
- Damaged/lost paddle replacement fee: $12
- Damaged/lost kayak paddle replacement fee: $35
- Lost whistle/key replacement fee: $5
*Fees include tax