Apply for a College Scholarship
One of the biggest challenges young people face is trying to achieve a higher education. This is why the Hillsborough County Department of Social Services, the Community Action Board, and the Community Advisory Committees offer up to $5,000 scholarships to students who meet the certain eligibility requirements.
- Applications for Returning (2018 Scholarship recipients) applicants will be made available October 2018
- Applications for new recipients will be made available starting January 2019
- Applicants must be between 16 and 24 years old, and have a high school diploma or GED equivalent (16-year-olds may apply if they are a graduating senior)
- The candidate must have a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Applicants must reside in Hillsborough County
- The applicant's household income must fall within 125 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines of the Community Services Block Grant (CSBG)