- To address Veteran problems that cannot or are not being resolved through the normal Government agencies.
- To inform Veteran Organizations within the County of these problems, so that a unified, coordinated action can be taken seeking resolution.
- To assist Veterans or their families on what organizations are available to them, in resolving problems stemming from military service.
Veterans Council membership:
Who can be a member of the Veterans Council?
The council will be comprised of recognized National Veterans organizations whose members served in the armed forces of the United States, and/or their auxiliaries. Also, Veterans organizations, along with associate members, may be granted membership if they abide by the Constitution of the United States and are not national in scope.
What Is the annual cost for the Veterans organizations to join?
Each member from all Veterans organizations shall pay annual dues. The dues are $20 per year. A year runs from October 1 to September 30.
Why should a Veterans organization belong to the council?
Each organization should have a representative actively involved in the Council's meetings and activities in an attempt to provide unity, leadership, and assist with the coordination of serving as a liaison to county government. Additionally, each organization should work to promote patriotic programs throughout the year, with special emphasis on Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Veterans Day.
The Council should represent all Veterans organizations within Hillsborough County. Join the Council as an organization, send a representative to the monthly meetings, and share your activities with other organizations.
Veterans Council meetings:
Meetings are normally held on the last Monday of the month at:
Veterans Resource Center at Veterans Memorial Park
3610 US Hwy 301 N.
Tampa, FL 33619
- Refreshments and networking at 5:30 p.m.
- Meeting from 6 to 8 p.m.
Director of Consumer & Veterans Services
Current Veterans organizations
- Air Force Association
- American Legion Post #148
- American Legion Post #152
- American Legion Post #278
- American Legion Post #5 Auxiliary
- American Legion-USS TAMPA Post #5
- American Veterans Post #26
- Civil Air Patrol
- Disabled American Veterans Chapter #110
- Healing Heroes One Wave at a Time
- Honor Flight of West Central Florida
- Jewish War Vets
- Korean War Veterans Association Chapter #175
- Liberty Manor for Veterans
- My Warrior's Place
- Vietnam Helicopter Pilots Association of Florida, Inc.
- Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter #787
- Ye Mystic AirKrewe
- American Gold Star Mothers, Inc. (Tampa Bay)
- Seabee Veterans of America, Inc. Island X-16 Marine Corps League Det 1226
- Marine Corps League Det 1226 Auxiliary
- Military Officers Association of America, Inc.
- Retired Enlisted Association
- Armed Forces Top Enlisted Association
- Rolling Thunder, Inc., Florida Chapter #11
- South Florida Student Veterans' Association
- T.A.M.P.A. (Tampa Area Marine Parents Association Inc.)
- Tampa Bay WAVES Unit #55
- USO Central Florida, Inc.
- Veterans' Business Resource Center
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #8108
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #8108 Ladies Auxiliary
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #8108 Men's Auxiliary
- Veterans' Park Museum Committee
- VFW Post #6287 Ruskin Ladies Auxiliary Color Guard