We know how difficult it can be to find high-quality, trustworthy after school and summer camp programs for kids with physical and mental disabilities. That’s why we offer Camp Sparks for students from age 5 to 22. The goal of Camp Sparks is to raise a healthier generation of kids, by encouraging healthy lifestyle choices through physical activity and promoting daily living skills. Camp Sparks is designed for children with disabilities, such as autism, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries and/or learning disabilities, and the locations are staffed with a 1-to-6 staff-to-student ratio by our specially trained Therapeutic Recreation Team.
Both the after school program, which includes Camp Days for early release and non-student days, and the summer camp program offer affordable rates, with income assistance if your child qualifies for free or reduced lunch. Current full-price rates are $76 per two weeks for after-school and summer camp sessions.
Find a location
We offer the Camp Sparks after school and summer camp programs at various locations around the county including recreation centers and school sites. School sites will change during the summer since the schools are closed.
Camp Sparks Sites
- All People’s Life Center, 6105 East Sligh Ave., Tampa – (813) 744-5978
- Citrus Park Elementary, 7700 Gunn Highway, Tampa - (813) 299-8481
- Hunters Green Elementary, 9202 Highland Oak Drive, Tampa - (813) 434-5064
- Riverview Recreation Center, 7807 Capitano St., Riverview – (813) 671-7617
- Turkey Creek Recreation Center, 5936 Connell Road, Plant City – (813) 635-8178
Our inclusion sites offer programs for youth with disabilities that just need a little assistance fitting into a typical recreation program. A Therapeutic staff member is onsite to adapt games, provide specialized equipment and to help kids focus on the planned activities. These activities have high levels of stimulation, frequent change and aren’t appropriate for all kids, especially those with noise sensitivity, personal care needs or behavioral issues. If you think your child would fit into this setting we encourage you to apply for one of the following inclusion sites:
- Egypt Lake Recreation Center, 3126 Lambright St., Tampa – (813) 975-2103
- Northdale Recreation Center, 15550 Spring Pine Drive, Tampa – (813) 480-4525
- Ruskin Recreation Center, 901 6th St. SE, Ruskin – (813) 672-7881
A pre-registration questionnaire is required before registering for any of the programs for youth with disabilities. Once the questionnaire is processed, usually within 3-5 days, you will receive a call or email to notify you of the status and how to complete enrollment. For more information, please call (813) 744-5978.
Register for Camp Sparks