We know how difficult it can be to find high-quality, trustworthy after school and summer camp programs for kids with physical and mental disabilities. That’s why we offer Camp Sparks for students from age 5 to 22. The goal of Camp Sparks is to raise a healthier generation of kids, by encouraging healthy lifestyle choices through physical activity and nutrition education. Camp Sparks is designed for children with disabilities, such as autism, cerebral palsy, spinal cord injuries and/or learning disabilities, and the locations are staffed with a 1-to-6 staff-to-student ratio by our specially trained Therapeutic Recreation Team.
Both the after school program, which includes Camp Days for early release and non-student days, and the summer camp program offer affordable rates, with income assistance if your child qualifies for free or reduced lunch. Current full-price rates are $38 per week for after-school and $76 for two-week summer camp sessions.
Find a location
We offer the Camp Sparks after school and summer camp programs at various locations around the county, including three inclusion program sites. The inclusion locations have high levels of stimulation and change and aren’t appropriate for all kids, especially those with severe autism or behavioral issues.
After School and Summer Camp
- All People’s Life Center, 6105 East Sligh Ave., Tampa – (813) 744-5978
- *Egypt Lake Recreation Center, 3126 Lambright St., Tampa – (813) 975-2103
- *Northdale Recreation Center, 15550 Spring Pine Drive, Tampa – (813) 480-4525
- Riverview Recreation Center, 7807 Capitano St., Riverview – (813) 671-7617
- Turkey Creek Recreation Center, 5936 Connell Road, Plant City – (813) 635-8178
After School only
- Citrus Park Elementary, 7700 Gunn Highway, Tampa
- Hunters Green Elementary, 9202 Highland Oak Drive, Tampa
Summer Camp only
- Citrus Park area (location to be determined) – (813) 299-8481
- New Tampa area (location to be determined) – (813) 434-5064
- *Ruskin Recreation Center, 901 6th St. SE, Ruskin – (813) 672-7881
*Indicates inclusion site
A pre-registration questionnaire is required before actually registering for the programs. During summer school, some camps will be held on school sites, except Friday when the schools are closed. An alternative site at a recreation center will be offered during those times.
Register for Camp Sparks