Apply for a Cultural Assets Program Special Events Partnership Grant
The grant cycle application period opens up Monday, June 27, 2022 and will close on July 22, 2022 by 5 PM.
The Special Events Partnership Grant is for events organized by nonprofit organizations only. The grant is designed to strengthen and promote cultural assets through growing and supporting arts and cultural events that encourage place-making and community-building outcomes aligned with Hillsborough County’s economic and community prosperity goals. These events should communicate the authentic County story, activate public spaces, enrich the lives of residents, and leverage private sector financial support while aligning to economic development objectives of achieving greater patron spending and maximizing visitation to our market.
A cultural asset, for the purposes of this program, is defined as a contributing element of the County’s uniqueness, personality, and character, which falls under one or more of the following categories:
- Fine arts
- Natural and or recreational
- Lifestyle, culinary, and or creative industries
Available grant funds are competitively awarded to selected applicants and are issued in the form of a sponsorship in three (3) separate payments.
- The event must meet the following requirements:
- A one-day event, a multi-day event occurring on consecutive days, or a related series of events over an extended period
- Inclusive (no limits on who may purchase tickets or attend)
- Take place in Hillsborough County
- Held in a publicly visible and accessible location
- The event can not already receive County funding through certain County programs offered by the Arts Council of Hillsborough County or through other direct County funding arrangements. (Refer to the "Leveraging County Funding" section of this policy.)
- Charitable fundraising events are not eligible for this grant
- Events may be ticketed or non-ticketed
- Eligibility requirements and grant guidelines
Things To Consider
- The program is not for maintaining an event as it currently exists. This program is intended for new, emerging events and significantly expanding the impact of existing events.
- Applications are judged on the project’s ability to strengthen and promote cultural assets, economic impact and community benefit, cultural/artistic merit of project, and financial and administrative oversight.
- Download the Special Events Partnership Grant Guidelines
- The guidelines answers basic questions for the completion of the grant application and explains administrative requirements related to an award
- Complete the online application