Apply for a Historic Preservation Challenge Grant
The application period for 2020 has been extended to May 29, 2020.
The Hillsborough County Historic Preservation Challenge Grant Program was created to promote historic preservation, heritage tourism, and related business and economic development within both incorporated and unincorporated Hillsborough County.
Projects eligible for funding must fall within one or more of the following project types: rehabilitation or restoration of historic structures, compatible additions to historic properties, improvements to historic sites or grounds, and architectural heritage tourism projects.
Available grant funds are competitively awarded to selected applicants with a required on a minimum of one-to-one (1:1) matching basis, not to exceed an award of more than $250,000 per applicant, per project in any County budget year.
- The project must be located in Hillsborough County
- An applicant may be an eligible nonprofit or private individual or entity, but may not be a government or other public body
- Privately-owned residential projects are not eligible
- This grant is a reimbursement program only
- The County will reimburse 50 percent of the cost of the project, up to $250,000
- The applicant’s match may not be provided solely through alternative matching funds or other sources
- Reimbursements are made on cash outlays only
- Please refer to the documents below for the detailed requirements regarding eligible projects and applicants
Things To Consider
- The FY20 application period is from March 2 - May 29, 2020 (extended from April 30)
- Download the Historic Preservation Challenge Grant (HPCG) manual
- This guidebook outlines the process and requirements of the HPCG Program, answers basic questions for the completion of the grant application, and explains administration requirements related to an award
- The appendices are a compilation of forms used in applying to the Program, formalizing an Agreement with the County and reporting on progress in a Request for Payment
- See list of requirements
- Submit using a printed application OR using the new online Neighborly portal
- Printed application submissions
- Download and complete the HPCG Grant Application
- Complete the EEO Compliant Submission (required)
- Submit via:
Attn: Rebecca Hessinger
Economic Development Department
P.O. Box 1110
Tampa, FL 33601
- In person:
601 E. Kennedy Blvd. in Tampa, 20th Floor
- Scan application and use Dropbox. Please alert staff ahead of time to let them know you will be using this method.
- Online submissions
- Review the Sub-Recipient Getting Started Guide
- Complete the application using the Neighborly Hillsborough County Economic Development Participant Portal