Apply for a Historic Preservation Challenge Grant
The Hillsborough County Historic Preservation Challenge Grant Program was created to promote historic preservation, heritage tourism, and related business and economic development within both incorporated and unincorporated Hillsborough County.
Projects eligible for funding must fall within one or more of the following project types: rehabilitation or restoration of historic structures, compatible additions to historic properties, improvements to historic sites or grounds, and architectural heritage tourism projects.
Available grant funds are competitively awarded to selected applicants with a required on a minimum of one-to-one (1:1) matching basis, not to exceed an award of more than $250,000 per applicant, per project in any County budget year.
- The project must be located in Hillsborough County
- An applicant may be an eligible nonprofit or private individual or entity, but may not be a government or other public body
- Privately-owned residential projects are not eligible
- This grant is a reimbursement program only
- The County will reimburse 50 percent of the cost of the project, up to $250,000
- The applicant’s match may not be provided solely through alternative matching funds or other sources
- Reimbursements are made on cash outlays only
- Please refer to the documents below for the detailed requirements regarding eligible projects and applicants
Things To Consider
- FY21 application period opens on March 8, 2021
- Download the Historic Preservation Challenge Grant (HPCG) manual
- This guidebook outlines the process and requirements of the HPCG Program, answers basic questions for the completion of the grant application, and explains administration requirements related to an award
- The appendices are a compilation of forms used in applying to the Program, formalizing an Agreement with the County and reporting on progress in a Request for Payment
- Download or view list of requirements
- Review the Getting Started Guide for the online participant portal
- Complete and submit the application using the Neighborly Hillsborough County Economic Development Participant Portal