Apply for a Cultural Assets Program Special Events Partnership Grant
The Special Events Partnership Grant is designed to strengthen and promote cultural assets through growing and supporting arts and cultural events that encourage place-making and community-building outcomes aligned with Hillsborough County’s economic and community prosperity goals. These events should communicate the authentic County story, activate public spaces, enrich the lives of residents, and leverage private sector financial support while aligning to economic development objectives of achieving greater patron spending and maximizing visitation to our market.
A cultural asset, for the purposes of this program, is defined as a contributing element of the County’s uniqueness, personality, and character, which falls under one or more of the following categories:
- Fine arts
- Natural and or recreational
- Lifestyle, culinary, and or creative industries
Available grant funds are competitively awarded to selected applicants with a required minimum three-to-one (3:1) matching basis for Pilot Efforts and four-to-one (4:1) matching basis for Next Levels.
- This grant is for events organized by 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(6) organizations only.
- The special event must be held in a publicly accessible location within Hillsborough County.
- An applicant must be legally incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation, with a designated tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) or 501(c)(6) of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
- A special event can be a one-day event, a multi-day event occurring on consecutive days, or a related series of events over an extended period of time.
- All special events must be inclusive (no limits on who may purchase tickets or attend)
- The special event cannot already receive Hillsborough County funding through certain County programs. See the “Leveraging County Funding” section of the grant program guidelines for more details.
- This is a grant reimbursement program only; reimbursements are made on cash outlays only.
- Please refer to the documents below for the detailed requirements regarding eligible projects and applicants.
Things To Consider
There are two categories under this program:
- Pilot Effort Special Event Partnership (up to $50,000) is intended for new and emerging events that have occurred for no more than three years.
- Next Level Special Event Partnership (up to $100,000) is intended for established events that are seeking to grow and enhance their offerings above and beyond their current level to significantly increase attendance, community-wide impact and appeal.
- Neither category is intended to support status quo event offerings, as the program is not for maintaining an event as it currently exists. This program is intended for new, emerging events and significantly expanding the impact of existing events.
- Applications are judged on the project’s ability to strengthen and promote cultural assets, economic impact and community benefit, cultural/artistic merit of project, and financial and administrative oversight.
- Download the Special Events Partnership Grant Guidelines. The guidelines answers basic questions for the completion of the grant application and explains administrative requirements related to an award.
The application period is closed. The next application period will open in December 2019. At that time a list of requirements and application will be available.
- See list of requirements
- Download and complete the Special Events Partnership Grant application
- Applications are not accepted by mail or email. Submit completed applications via:
- DropBox or,
- In person:
Aislinn Stone, Cultural Affairs Officer
601 E. Kennedy Blvd. in Tampa, 20th Floor