Complaint Against a County Regulated Business
The Regulatory Compliance Section of Code Enforcement is responsible for the administration, registration, and oversight of regulated business activities in accordance with Hillsborough County Code of Ordinances and Laws. Compliance officers work with law enforcement and citizen groups to promote the health, safety, and general welfare of Hillsborough County residents through these ordinances. Many ordinances are effective and enforced throughout Hillsborough County (including the cities of Tampa, Temple Terrace, and Plant City).
Regulated Business Activities
- Pain Management Clinics
- Gas Pumping Assistance for Persons with Disabilities
- Locksmith Services
- Vehicles for Hire
- Trespass Vehicle Towing
- Human Trafficking Awareness Signage
1. For best results, be as specific as possible regarding your experience and offer evidence to support your claim. Gather all of the information on the company you can, including:
- Company details, including business name and address
- Company representative names
- Method(s) of contact
- Dates and times of contact
- The nature of the complaint
- Amount of money involved (if applicable)
- Products and/or services involved
- Supporting documents
2. Submit an At Your Service request to Code Enforcement, or contact Regulatory Compliance by email at RegComp@HCFLGov.net or call (813) 272-7400 ext. 36004.
NOTE: Consumer complaints against business activities NOT listed above should be directed to Consumer Protection for assistance.
- We will contact you as quickly as possible, normally within 3 business days.
- Your complaint will be evaluated and either assigned to a Regulatory Compliance Investigator or referred to another agency, if that is more appropriate.
- After we initiate your complaint, you can expect to receive additional information within 15 business days, based upon the response of the subject of the report.