Industrial Pretreatment Program
This program oversees and issues permits for commercial and industrial facilities who discharge industrial wastes into the County’s wastewater (sanitary sewer) system. These discharges are subject to federal pretreatment regulations, along with County limits and pretreatment standards.
Industrial User Permit Application
- IPP Questionnaire
- Chapter 120 (referred to as Ordinance 06-31) , Article I through Article VI - Industrial Pretreatment
- Department of Environmental Protection - Sampling SOP link
- IPP Frequently Asked Questions
Dental Amalgam Removal Program
The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released a rule to reduce discharges of mercury from dental offices into wastewater systems. Dental offices are required to submit compliance reports for dental dishargers. This report is required, including for offices who need to register exemption criteria.
Check out the EPA's Dental Effluent Guidelines for more information and FAQs.
Filing the report
Dental offices or dental office representatives can fill out the online compliance report and upload the supporting documentation. A "wet signature" is required by the EPA, so you will also need to send in a paper version with the signature, but if you fill out the online version, you will not need to include the attachments with the paper version (Fillable PDF or Printable PDF) just a copy of the online form you filled out, which will be included in the confirmation email automatically sent to you after you hit submit.
Online Dental Amalgam Compliance Report
Grease Management and Hauler Registration Programs
This program conducts scheduled and unannounced inspections at non-permitted facilities (i.e. food service establishments, automotive repair and maintenance garages, car wash facilities, and commercial laundries) and registers entities to pump or haul grease interceptor or trap wastes within Hillsborough County. These programs are designed to monitor and control the discharge of fats, oils and grease within the county.
- Hauler Registration Application
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Chapter 120 (referred to as Ordinance 06-31), Article VII -Fats, Oils and Grease Management
- Hillsborough County Grease Hauler Manifest
For questions or more information, contact us at the numbers below:
- Industrial pretreatment and dental amalgam removal programs
- (813) 272-5977 ext. 43382
- Email - IPP@HCFLGov.net
- Grease management and hauler programs
- Management - (813) 272-5977 ext. 43515
- Hauler program - (813) 272-5977 ext. 43269
- Email - GotGrease@HCFLGov.net