Report Construction Fraud
You can report if you are a victim of construction fraud or have observed unlicensed construction activity.
Things To Consider
- Please note: Effective July 1, 2021, Florida Statutes, as amended by Senate Bill 60, require a name and address to be provided in order to report potential violations of codes and ordinances for investigation.
- We will not hold you responsible if you unknowingly hires an unlicensed contractor
- You could get a fine of up to $500 and be charged with aiding and abetting if you knowingly hire an unlicensed contractor
- If you have a problem with the work done by the unlicensed individual, there is little that the County or State can do to help you
- If a contractor is caught working without a license they can receive the following penalties:
- fine of up to $2000 per violation
- arrested and charged with acting as a contractor without being properly licensed
- Gather the following information:
- Address of the complaint
- Nearest major intersection
- Description of the the complaint
- Photos or files to support your complaint (optional)
- If you prefer to make a report over the phone, please call (813) 272-5600
We will respond to the complaint within five working days.