If you want to plant new street trees or replace trees you are removing, view the list of the approved species you can plant in Hillsborough County.
If you plan to remove a street tree, view our Residential Tree Removal Guide for additional important information regarding their removal.
- 1 - Where palms are used for street trees, they shall be planted at twice the frequency as other accepted street trees
Click on the common name to view or download information sheets on the tree, which includes pictures and/or illustrations of the trees. A few of the trees do not yet have information sheets. We will update those as they become available.
|Common Name||Scientific Name||Characteristics|
|Bald Cypress||Taxodium distichum|
|Pond Cypress||Taxodium ascendens|
|Winged Elm||Ulmus alata|
|Southern Magnolia||Magnolia grandiflora|
|Florida Maple||Acer barbatum|
|Live Oak||Quercus virginiana|
|Shummard Oak||Quercus shummardii|
|Sabal Palm||Sabal palmetto||1|
|Washington Palm||Washingtonia robusta||1|
|Tupelo Blackgum||Nyssa sylvatica|
- Apply for a tree removal permit
- Apply for a Single Family Duplex Natural Resources Permit
- Protective barrier requirements
- Residential Tree Removal Guide
If you have Natural Resource questions that are not answered here, submit a Natural Resources Inquiry or call the Natural Resource Unit at (813) 627-1300.