Started in January 2021, Hillsborough County Development Services Department's Navigation Program is designed to act as a concierge service for qualifying projects to guide them through the entire regulatory process from Site Intake to Final Inspections and issuance of a Certificate of Occupancy. The program provides a single point of contact for both clients and internal reviewers and support staff. By serving as the single point of contact, our Project managers can provide unique support by viewing the project as a whole-concept. By providing frequent updates and working as an impartial party seeking to ensure the success of a project, our Project managers can deliver an enhanced customer experience that is unique to the Navigation Program.
Which Projects Qualify?
- New Commercial over 20,000 Sq. Ft. Building Footprint
- New Multi-Family over 20,000 Sq. Ft. Building Footprint
- Qualified Affordable Housing Project
- County Designated Project
- Qualified Economic Development Project
- Designated Green Project - Projects that have received third party certification as green developments by the Florida Green Building Coalition (FGBC) under the Green Development Standard, by a National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Green Development Standard, or by the United States Green Building Council (USGBC) under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Neighborhood Development (LEED ND) certification program.
Check Eligibility and Request Information
Check to see if your project is eligible. If it is, when you submit the form you will get a confirmation email, and a representative will be in touch with you in 2 - 3 business days.
What is the Process?
Projects identified and selected for the Navigation Program will be assigned a Project manager and guided through the process.
Throughout the process, Project managers will be in close contact with the applicant and internal staff. Project managers will provide frequent feedback and updates while attempting to identify potential issues that may arise throughout the project so that they can be identified and addressed early on. Project managers will also work with staff to ensure the necessary reviews and inspections are completed in optimal fashion to keep the project moving on course and on schedule.
For more information please email DSD-Navigation@HCFLGov.net.