Impact fees are charges assessed for the impact that is created by new development on Hillsborough County parks, schools, and fire systems. This may also apply to new construction on a vacant property or new construction and remodeling of an existing structure if there will be an increase in useable area. Transportation/ROW impact fees have been replaced by a mobility fee.
Mobility/Impact Fees are assessed prior to issuance of a building permit, or equivalent. The assessment will remain valid for the life of the permit.
If you allow your permit to expire, Mobility/Impact will be reassessed at the current rates and updated when the permit is reissued. These rates may be higher than those initially assessed. To guard against this potential scenario, please ensure your permit remains valid and active until your project is complete.
Mobility and Park Impact Fees
On March 25, 2021, the Board of County Commissioners (BOCC) approved a change to the phase in rates to the County's mobility fee and parks impact fees.
Our most popular tools and information for impact fees:
All Impact Fee Tools and Information
Residential vs. non-residential
- New residential development pays three impact fees, plus a mobility fee, because they utilize all of these services
- Non-residential development pays only the fire impact fee and the mobility fee, because it does not directly impact schools or parks
- Additional information is available in the consolidated impact fee ordinance and on the mobility fee page
- Impact fee schedules
- Impact fee zone maps
To estimate Utility flows, Impact & Accrued Guarantee Revenue fees, inquire on the Impact Fee Payment method options for a project:
- Mobility / Impact Fee Calculator - Residential Only
- Utility Impact and Connection fees, commercial flows, deposit and meter installation rates:
- To estimate Impact Fees for a project in Northwest Hillsborough County:
- To estimate Impact Fees for a project in South Central Hillsborough County:
For more information please e-mail the Public Utilities Department with the following information:
- Subject: Impact and Connection Fee Question
- Account Number (if you have service and are converting from well or septic)
- Address /Folio Number/Legal Description of parcel
- Daytime Contact Name and Telephone Number
- Name of Project and Service Request #, if applicable
- Specific Question (e.g. flow calculations, impact fees, payment options)
- Staff will respond within five business days or contact you to obtain additional information
Check for Impact Credits
If you have credits, you can check to see how much you have in your impact fee offset account.
For more information on impact fees, call (813) 276-8305.