Apply for a Mobile Home on Private Property


Jump to:



This is a permit to put a mobile home on private property. There is a supplemental application required for this permit, and other permits may be required in order to complete the set-up.


General fees

  • State surcharge for building permits: 3% or $4 min.

Permit fees

  • Setup: $130
  • Plumbing: $77
  • Supplement plan review: $51
  • Additional permits as required: TBD


What you will need for the application:

  • Copy of recorded deed or tax roll printout for platted subdivisions
  • If mobile home is pre-owned or pre-occupied:
    • Notarized affidavit from dealer
    • Affidavit must state the mobile home is roadworthy and meets minimum housing codes
  • Well water exemption letter (if applicable)
  • Septic Tank permit (if applicable)
  • Mobile Home owner name and current address
  • Property owner name
  • Folio number
  • Valuation
  • Mobile home make, year, manufactured date, heat type, # of bedrooms, number of sections and dimensions
  • Was site previously used for a mobile home
  • TECO layout number
  • Existing structures on the property
  • Address of the proposed structure
  • Mobile/Manufactured Home set-up supplemental permit application
  • Site preparation information
    • Under-home grade cleaned of all vegetation and organic material
    • Sloped for proper drainage
    • Approximate distance between finished grade and bottom of I-beams
  • Foundation information
    • Load bearing soil density
    • Penetrometer test results
    • Mainrail frame blocks – size and placement
    • Perimeter blocking – size, number and location
    • Ridge beam support – size, number and location
    • Center line blocking– size, number and location
    • Anchors
    • Angle of strap
    • Number of frame ties, sidewall and centerline anchors and stabilizers
    • Installer or Engineer name and license #
  • Foundation plan – to scale
  • Site plan to scale (2 copies)
  • Contractor name, license number, address, phone, fax, email (if applicable)
  • Separate sub-permits for mechanical, electrical, plumbing, gas and/or natural resources may be required

Find links for bolded items in the Resources section below

Things To Consider

  • Only licensed installers or dealers can pull mobile home permits
  • Licensed subcontractors can pull sub-permits
    • Only licensed contractors can pull gas, electrical, and mechanical permits
  • Permits are valid for 180 days after we issue them
    • The permit will extend for an additional 180 days when you request an inspection and it passes
  • Submitted documents must meet the following requirements
    • All files must be in PDF format. Every plan and document file must be named based on what is contained within. For example, mechanical plan set, energy calculations, etc.
    • Plan sets that include multiple pages must be submitted as a single, combined, multi-page PDF file, per trade. For example, if a mechanical plan set includes five (5) pages, then all five (5) pages must be submitted as a combined PDF file and not uploaded as five (5) individual pages.
    • Supporting documents that consist of multiple sheets must be submitted as a combined pdf and labeled accordingly. For example, Energy Calculations, FEMA Substantial Improvement Documents, Threshold Reports, Private Provider Packet, etc.
    • Plan files must be submitted with a cover page including index of sheets.
    • All plans to be digitally signed and sealed. We cannot accept scanned copies of wet seal and signatures.
    • Plans and documents prepared by design professionals must adhere to the following guidelines:
      • Signatures must follow Florida Statues Chapter 668 – Electronic Commerce and Florida Administrative Code for Engineers and Architect
      • Signatures must come from a trusted Certificate Authority
      • Digital signed plans need to allow for annotations and comments by Hillsborough County
      • Florida Statutes 471, 472 and 481 and Fl. Administrative Rules 61G15-23, 61G1-16 and 5J-17.062 outline acceptable methods for design professionals to digitally sign and seal plans and documents.

How To

  1. Download the applications
  2. Submit the completed application

  • Ensure that you have all the required plans and documents necessary per the appropriate checklist. Also, ensure that all documents meet the requirements listed above.
  • Please ensure all files are in .pdf format and contained within a single .zip file.
    • NOTE: If your total file size is less than 25 MB, you may email them to Please do not send payment information via email.

1. Highlight all files to be submitted and compress them into a single .zip file. Please ensure you label this file with the address of the property that corresponds to your submittal. If you need assistance creating a .zip file, a visual guide is available.

2. Upload your documents. A visual guide on creating a zip file and uploading your documents is available.

If you have questions regarding your file upload, please email or call (813) 272-5600.

As an alternative to this process, you may also email files under 25 MB to or mail a thumb drive containing all necessary files to:
Hillsborough County Development Services
Building Services Division
601 E Kennedy Blvd
19th Floor
Tampa, FL 33602

What's Next

1. Staff will review the application, plans and any accompanying documentation. You can check the status of your permit online.

2. You will receive an email if any corrections are required
If corrections are required:

  • All sheets in trade must be resubmitted.
  • The combined trade pdf to be resubmitted with changes clouded.
  • Provide narrative indicating sheet number and changes associated.
  • Corrections must adhere to the requirements outlined in this document.
  • Corrections can be submitted

3. If no corrections, or corrections are completed satisfactorily, you will receive an email when the permit is ready

4. Placard and approved plans will be made available online at the PGM store when payment has been made.

5. Email your notice of commencement (NOC) (if applicable) to

  • You can't schedule an inspection unless a recorded and certified NOC is submitted to Building Services

6. Schedule inspections

Get Help

(813) 272-5600

Get Started