Request a Refund for a Permit or Application
Written refund requests must be submitted within sixty (60) days of permit issuance and construction must not have commenced for applicant to be eligible receive a refund of the original permit fees (not including the base application fee which is not refundable). Refunds will be processed at the discretion of the Administrator or their designee.
Written refund requests must be submitted within 60 days of permit issuance and construction must not have commenced. The applicant will receive a refund of 50% of the original permit fees (not including radon and landscaping fees, which are non-refundable). Refunds are not issued for fees $100 or less, with the exception of clerical errors resulting in overpayment. Clerical errors are eligible for a refund of 100% of the overpayment amount. Written request must submitted within one year from the date of the occurrence.
Refund amounts will be calculated based on the processing stage the application has reached when the withdraw request is received in writing as outlined in DRPM Section 2.4.
Any application that is withdrawn within three (3) business days of submittal shall be entitled to a 75% refund. Refunds for any application that is withdrawn after three (3) business days of submittal will be processed at the discretion of the Administrator or their designee.
- Grandfathering - Paid mobility should have been assessed Transportation/ROW
- Paid in Error - Should have used offset account (Notarized assignment letter necessary)
- Overcharged/Incorrect Assessment (Non-grandfathering)
- Permit modified/changed after fees were paid
- Permit Canceled - refunding fees paid
- Other (provide explanation)
For Natural Resources Applications:
Refunds for tree removal, LAL, and NRO applications will be processed at the discretion of the Manager of Natural Resource Review.
Things To Consider
- Landscaping fees are non-refundable
- We only issue refunds:
- if the amount is $100 or more for building permits, unless it is an overpayment amount due to clerical error
- to the business or person that issued the original check or the authorized user named on the credit card
- Refunds will be processed as expeditiously as possible, however please understand that in some cases it may take up to 45 days from when the complete request is received to process a refund.
- Gather permit number, receipt and payment type information
- Complete the refund request form
- Submit the application via email:
- Building Permitting – email@example.com
- Right of Way – CampbellMA@hcflgov.net
- Site & Subdivision Applications – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zoning Applications – email@example.com
- Contractor Licensing – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Natural Resources Permit – email@example.com
- Impact/Mobility Fees – firstname.lastname@example.org
*Fillable forms may not work correctly with many browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, etc.) - if you have issues with the form, do one of the following:
- Download the form to your computer and open it up with a PDF viewer, such as Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Download the printable version of the form
- Try using the Internet Explorer browser to open the PDF
- Our staff will review the refund request form
- If everything is in order, we will issue the refund