Request a Refund for a Right of Way (ROW) Permit

If you have questions about ROW permit refunds, please call 813-274-6500

Jump to:



If you no longer need a right of way (ROW) permit you can request a refund within 60 days of when we issue it. You can receive the cost of the original permit fees, not including the base application fee, which is not refundable.


  • To whom we should issue the refund
    • Name of person or business
    • Address
    • Phone
  • Reason for refund
  • Need to know the payment type:
    • Credit card  and expiration date
    • Checks- Name of business or individual the check was drawn on
  • Permit number
  • Receipt number

Things To Consider

  • We must receive a written refund request within 60 days of when the permit was issued
  • You can’t have commenced construction
  • Need the original validated receipt

How To

  1. Gather permit number, receipt and payment type information
  2. Download and print out refund request form
  3. Submit the application by mail or in person to:
    County Center
    Development Services Department
    Right of Way Permitting – 19th Floor
    601 E. Kennedy Blvd.
    Tampa, FL 33602

What's Next

  • Our staff will review the refund request form
  • If everything is in order, we will issue the refund

Get Help

(813) 272-5600

Get Started