The Permit Manager system can handle some of your basic permitting needs, to include pulling basic permits, obtaining inspection results, checking plan review status, make a payment, and checking on the status of your permit. Homeowners can’t use the online system to apply for permits. Only registered users can use the site.
Are you a homeowner? Find information on Permits for Homeowners.
Online permits available
Various types of permits are available for registered users to pull online. If you don't see the permit type you need listed below, you can still submit the necessary documents to us electronically. Visit HCFLGov.net/DigitalDropoff for more information.
Click on the category names to see what types are available.
You can pull the following types of electrical permits online:
- Service upgrades
- Wire A/C
- Meter Changeouts
- Temporary Construction Poles (100 amps or greater)
- Photovoltaic (PVS) - (Residential only - Only Registered Electricians (ER) Certified Electricians (EC) can apply online)
- Backup Generator (Residential only - Only Registered Electricians (ER) Certified Electricians (EC) can apply online)
You can pull the following types of gas permits online:
- Pool heaters
- Fixtures/Appliances (existing structures only)
- Tank sets
You can pull the following types of mechanical permits online:
- A/C changeouts
- Condenser changeouts
- Air-Handler changeouts
- Only Registered Electricians (ER) Certified Electricians (EC) can apply online
You can pull the following types of plumbing permits online:
- Replace water heaters
- Replace existing fixtures - excluding backflow devices
You can pull the following types of roofing permits online:
- Re-roof - excluding mobile homes
You can pull the following types of solar piping permits online:
- Solar pool heaters
- Solar water heaters
You can pull the following types of window and door replacement permits online:
- Exterior doors
- Garage doors
- Windows must meet minimum egress requirements of the state fire and building codes
You cannot pull online permits to replace windows and doors for apartments
How do I register?
I you are a licensed contractor who wishes to use the online permitting system for the first time, follow these steps:
- Submit new user registration information and Click on the Register Here link on the My Permit Manager page
- Download and fill out the online web user declaration form
- Email the form to email@example.com
- You will receive an email notification when you are approved and activated
What can I do after I'm approved?
- Pull basic permits from the above list
- Only current and properly licensed contractors who register can apply for permits online
- Schedule inspections (registered users only)
- Obtain inspection results
- Check plan review status
- Check permit status
For further information about online permits, call Development Services at (813) 272-5600.