Apply for a Planned Development Rezoning


Jump to:



You can apply for rezoning to create a unified, large scale, mixed use Planned Development (PD) district. PD districts are intended to encourage creative, innovative, and/or mixed use development, and to insure and promote land use compatibility and harmony for land that is to be planned and developed as a whole in a single development operation or a programmed series of development phases.

Please note, you must have a pre-submittal conference before you can apply for PD rezoning.


Things To Consider

  • You must schedule an appointment to submit this application
    • Call (813) 277-1630 or email to request an appointment
    • You need to meet all requirements listed on the submittal checklist
    • We will not accept incomplete applications
  • A hearing with the Zoning Hearing Master and the Board of County Commissioners is required after the application is submitted

How To

Download the application for complete list of requirements

What's Next

15 business days after the hearing, the Department will receive the Zoning Hearing Master's recommendation. You will also receive the recommendation by email within a few days.

Get Help

(813) 277-1630

Get Started