Standard Rezoning


Jump to:



If a property owner wants to change the uses that are allowed on their property, they must seek a modification to the underlying zoning district, or re-zone the property. A change in the zoning (rezoning) requires a noticed public hearing before the Zoning Hearing Master and final approval by the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners.



View a list of zoning fees

Things To Consider

  • You need to meet all requirements listed on the submittal checklist
  • A hearing with the Zoning Hearing Master (ZHM) and Board of County Commissioners(BOCC) is required after the application is submitted
  • The application deadlines for the hearings are listed in the ZHM hearing schedule

How To

  • Complete the application
    • Ensure that you have all required files labeled with the Folio number
    • Files must be in pdf format and minimum resolution of 300 dpi
  • If the total size of your files is under 25 MB
  • If the total size of your files is greater than 25 MB or you are having difficulty sending them via email
    • Upload your documents 
    • Highlight all files to be submitted and compress them into a single .zip file
    • Ensure you label this file with the folio number
    • If you need assistance creating a .zip file a visual guide on creating a zip file and uploading your documents is available
  • Once payment is received, you will receive your required letter of notice, HOA mailing list and instructions about how to proceed with mailing your notice. Mailing deadlines and delivery of electronic delivery of proof of mailing will also be provided.

What's Next

Applicants will be notified by email.

Get Help

(813) 272-5600 ext. 3

Get Started