Apply for a Special Use Zoning Hearing
Certain uses have been determined to require additional design standards to ensure compatibility with adjacent uses and the surrounding neighborhood. If a use has been identified as a Special Use then review for compliance with these additional standards is required through a noticed public hearing process with approval by a Land Use Hearing Officer (LUHO). To determine if a proposed use requires a Special Use Permit please contact Zoning Counseling. The Special Use Permit application must contain all required information and documents needed for the hearing.”
- View a list of zoning fees
Things To Consider
For questions, please email ZoningHelp@HCFLGov.net
- A hearing with the Land Use Hearing Officer (LUHO) is required after the application is submitted
- The application deadlines for the hearings are listed in the LUHO hearing schedule
- Complete the application.
- Ensure that you have all required files labeled with the Folio number
- Files must be in pdf format and minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- If the total size of your files is under 25 MB
- Email them to ZoningIntake-DSD@HCFLGov.net
- If the total size of your files is greater than 25 MB or you are having difficulty sending them via email
- Upload your documents
- Highlight all files to be submitted and compress them into a single .zip file
- Ensure you label this file with the folio number
- If you need assistance creating a .zip file a visual guide on creating a zip file and uploading your documents is available
- Once payment is received, you will receive your required letter of notice, HOA mailing list and instructions about how to proceed with mailing your notice. Mailing deadlines and delivery of electronic delivery of proof of mailing will also be provided.
- Within 15 business days after the hearing we will notify you of the decision.
- If granted, you can move forward with your project
- If denied, you can appeal the decision to the Land Use Appeals Board (LUAB)
- You must file your appeal within 30 calendar days of the decision
- Appeal fee is $202
(813) 272-5600 ext. 3