Apply for a Special Use Zoning Hearing
Certain uses have been determined to require additional design standards to ensure compatibility with adjacent uses and the surrounding neighborhood. If a use has been identified as a Special Use then review for compliance with these additional standards is required through a noticed public hearing process with approval by a Land Use/Zoning Hearing Officer (ZHM). To determine if a proposed use requires a Special Use Permit please contact Zoning Counseling. The Special Use Permit application must contain all required information and documents needed for the hearing.
The Special Use zoning application fee is $2,298.50
Things To Consider
- You must schedule an appointment to submit this application
- Call (813) 272-5600 to request an appointment
- You need to meet all requirements listed on the submittal checklist
- We will not accept incomplete applications
- A hearing with the ZHM is required after the application is submitted
- The application deadlines for the hearings are listed in the ZHM hearing schedule
Download the application for complete list of requirements.
- Within 15 business days after the hearing we will notify you of the ZHM decision.
- If granted, you can move forward with your project
- If denied, you can appeal the ZHM decision to the Land Use Appeals Board (LUAB)
- You must file your appeal within 30 calendar days of the decision
- Appeal fee is $202