Apply for a Special Use Zoning Hearing
Certain uses have been determined to require additional design standards to ensure compatibility with adjacent uses and the surrounding neighborhood. If a use has been identified as a Special Use then review for compliance with these additional standards is required through a noticed public hearing process with approval by a Land Use Hearing Officer (LUHO). To determine if a proposed use requires a Special Use Permit please contact Zoning Counseling. The Special Use Permit application must contain all required information and documents needed for the hearing.”
- View a list of zoning fees
Things To Consider
- Complete the application.
- Ensure that you have all required files labeled with the Folio number
- Files must be in pdf format and minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- If the total size of your files is under 25 MB
- Email them to ZoningIntake-DSD@HCFLGov.net
- If the total size of your files is greater than 25 MB or you are having difficulty sending them via email
- Once payment is received, you will receive your required letter of notice, HOA mailing list and instructions about how to proceed with mailing your notice. Mailing deadlines and delivery of electronic delivery of proof of mailing will also be provided.
- Within 15 business days after the hearing we will notify you of the decision.
- If granted, you can move forward with your project
- If denied, you can appeal the decision to the Land Use Appeals Board (LUAB)
- You must file your appeal within 30 calendar days of the decision
- Appeal fee is $202