Apply for an Alcoholic Beverage Permit (Waiver Required)
You will need an Alcoholic Beverage Permit to sell alcoholic beverages at a restaurant, bar or other business. If your location meets all normal requirements of the Land Development Code with the exception of the proximity requirements, you can apply for a waiver from our zoning unit.
View a list of zoning fees
Things To Consider
- You need to meet all requirements listed on the submittal checklist
- We will not accept incomplete applications
- For questions, please email ZoningHelp@HCFLGov.net
- A hearing with the Land Use Hearing Officer (LUHO) is required after the application is submitted
- The application deadlines for the hearings are listed in the LUHO hearing schedule
- If you do not need a waiver visit the Alcoholic Beverage Permit (No Waiver Required) page
- Complete the application.
- Ensure that you have all required files labeled with the Folio number
- Files must be in pdf format and minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- If the total size of your files is under 25 MB
- Email them to ZoningIntake-DSD@HCFLGov.net
- If the total size of your files is greater than 25 MB or you are having difficulty sending them via email
- Once payment is received, you will receive your required letter of notice, HOA mailing list and instructions about how to proceed with mailing your notice. Mailing deadlines and delivery of electronic delivery of proof of mailing will also be provided.
- Within 15 business days after the hearing we will notify you of the Land Use Hearing Officer decision
- If granted, you can move forward with your project
- If denied, you can appeal the Land Use Hearing Officer’s decision to the Land Use Appeals Board
- You must file your appeal within 30 calendar days of the decision
- Appeal fee is $202