Canoe Trip Down the Alafia River
Are you ready for an adventure? The 11-mile stretch of river from Alderman’s Ford to Lithia Springs is filled with twists and turns, steep river banks, an assortment of wildlife, and even small rapids. But don’t worry, our experienced crew will guide the way —ensuring everyone has a safe journey.
The trip will begin at Lithia Springs Conservation Park where we will shuttle everyone by bus to Alderman’s Ford Conservation Park. From there, the adventure begins. Journey times vary with the fluctuation of the river levels, but the average time is 4 ½ hours. We will stop about halfway way for a picnic lunch along the river bank.
If you will be using your own canoe or kayak, you must provide your own transportation from Lithia Springs to Alderman's Ford. We recommend bringing two vehicles and leaving one at Lithia Springs and one at Alderman’s Ford.
The shuttle service is reserved for canoe and kayak rental customers.
- Meeting and Vehicle Staging Location
- Lithia Springs Conservation Park at 3932 Lithia Springs Rd., Lithia, FL 33547
- Canoe Launch Location
- 9625 Canoe Launch Rd., Lithia, FL 33547
Things to know
- Pre-registration required to participate
- Event fee is $5 per person, and a $2 per vehicle entry fee (covers entry to both parks)
- Canoe rentals available for $30 per canoe
- There is a limited supply of kayak rentals
- Please email Lithia Springs Park to check availability
- The shuttle service is reserved for canoe and kayak rental customers
- Registration will automatically close at 30 canoe rentals
- No pets
- You must provide your own life jacket for any child under 30 pounds or two years of age
- Check out information from the Coast Guard about properly fitting your child to a life jacket
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes early to fill out some paperwork and get fitted for your lifejacket
Things to bring
- Plenty of water in a reusable container
- Waterproof storage bag
- Water-friendly shoes
Lithia Springs Park
3932 Lithia Springs Rd.
Lithia FL, 33547
February 17, 2018 | 9:00 AM