Great American Camp Out
Get out in nature and have some fun during the Great American Camp Out days. There are three different parks and dates to choose from, so everyone can join in. Activities will include fishing, paddling, hiking, volleyball, bag-toss, classes, campfire stories, and cooking. Campers will need to bring their own food and water.
Schedule and Locations
- February 17 at Upper Tampa Bay (basic camping)
- March 3 at Lithia Springs (basic camping)
- March 24 at Dead River (primitive camping)
Things to know
- $2 per person campsite fee - paid at the site
- Check in is at noon
- Activities start at 2 p.m.
- Camp fire lighting class at 5:30 p.m.
- We will have fires available for guests to self-cook dinner
- Learn how to make Hobo Pies using pie irons
- We will provide the ingredients and pie irons
- Optional guided night hikes
- $5 per person
- Wake up scheduled for 7 a.m.
- Bring your own supplies, including, but not limited to:
- Sleeping bags
- Bug spray
- Change of clothes
- Food and water
- Registration will start on January 11
- You will need a Parks & Rec online account to register
For more information email Brad Lympany or call (813) 957-6150.
Dead River Conservation Park
15098 Dead River Rd.
Thonotosassa FL, 33592
March 24, 2018 | 12:00 PM