Beginning Bird Walk at Lettuce Lake Park
The second Saturday of every month, the Tampa Audubon Society offers a beginning birding program. The walk is a 2-hour stroll through the park. We have binoculars to loan, and the leaders usually have a spotting scope for close-up looks at our local birds. Children are welcome if accompanied by a parent.
Things to know
- The program is free, but there is a $2 per vehicle park entry fee
- Meet in the parking lot by the Visitor’s Center in Lettuce Lake Conservation Park
- We’ll walk the boardwalk or trails, depending on where the best birds are
- The hikes from January - March count towards the 2018 Hiking Spree
- The hike on May 12 will involve the North American Migration count
What to bring
- Bug spray
Check individual dates for start times, as they may differ from month to month.
For more information email Mary Keith.
Lettuce Lake Conservation Park
6920 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa FL, 33637
March 10, 2018 | 9:00 AM