Native Plant Walk at Lettuce Lake Park
Come and learn about the real natural Florida and why it is so important to protect it.
Following a short orientation slide show, we will walk the park’s boardwalk and nature trails. We will discuss the many exciting native plants and why they are so important to Florida wildlife.
This program will be led by the Suncoast Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society’s Joel Jackson and Tina Patterson.
Things to know
- Program is free, but the $2 per vehicle (up to eight people) park entry fee applies
- Walk will last approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours
- Expect to walk 1 mile
- Maximum of 25 participants
- For larger parties, please email Suncoast Native Plant Society’s Joel Jackson
- Meet at the Visitor's Center
- The January, February, and March walks will count toward the 2018 Hiking Spree program
Things to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat, if needed
Lettuce Lake Park
6920 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa FL, 33637
March 24, 2018 | 9:00 AM