Hiking with a Viking at Medard Park
We have reached the registration limit for this event. Fill out the registration form and we will add you to the waiting list.Registration Form
Join the 2019 Hillsborough County Hiking Spree by going Hiking with a Viking!
Park Rangers and members from Wyrd Brothers Productions--a volunteer historical re-enactment group focusing on the Viking age era--will lead you through Edward Medard Conservation Park's Singing Bluffs Trail.
On the journey, your Viking guides will teach you about their lifestyle, skills and crafts, weapons and combat, and most importantly, their appreciation and dependence on nature. Don't miss this rare opportunity to go Hiking with a Viking!
Things to know
- Cost: $5
- Cash only
- Pay on the day of the event
- There is a $2 park entry fee per vehicle for up to 8 people
- Participants should meet at Ranger Station at Park Entrance
- Weather related cancellations are possible
- Under 18 must be accompanied by adult
- Walking/Hiking information:
- Length: ~1.5
- Maximum amount of participants: 25
Things to bring
- Required to bring
- Closed-toe shoes
- Recommended to bring
- Water in refillable container
- Bug spray
For more information, email Chris Kiddy or call (813) 853-1177.Register
Edward Medard Conservation Park
6140 Turkey Creek Rd.
Plant City FL, 33567
January 26, 2019 | 9:00 AM