Native Plant Walk at Lettuce Lake Park
Come and learn about the real natural Florida and why it is so important to protect it during a plant walk at Lettuce Lake. The walks take place the first Saturday of the month, with no walks in July, August or December.
Following a short orientation slide show, we will walk the park’s boardwalk and nature trails. We will discuss the many exciting native plants and why they are so important to Florida wildlife.
This program will be led by the Suncoast Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society’s Joel Jackson and Tina Patterson.
Things to know
- Program is free, but the $2 per vehicle (up to eight people) park entry fee applies
- Walk will last approximately 1-1/2 to 2 hours
- Expect to walk 1 mile
- Maximum of 25 participants
- For larger parties, please email Suncoast Native Plant Society’s Joel Jackson
- Meet at the Visitor's Center
Things to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hat, if needed
Lettuce Lake Conservation Park
6920 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa FL, 33637
March 7, 2020 | 9:00 AM