Wolf Moon Night Hike
Have you ever wondered what happens in our preserves after dark? Find out how the night comes alive on this guided sunset and night hike through the beautiful Bell Creek Nature Preserve in Riverview.
Just over three and a half miles in length, this hike will wind past a quiet pond and towering pines, through oak hammock and grassy meadows. January's full moon, called the Wolf Moon, will rise during the last hour of our hike.
We will have extra safety precautions in place due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Water is not provided so bring enough to last for the whole event
- Bring a mask for moments when social distancing is not possible
- To help reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread, do not share food and beverages with those not in your household
Things to know
- Cost: $5
- Participants should meet in the main preserve parking lot
- Weather related cancellations are possible, raincheck provided if cancelled
- Walking/Hiking information:
- Length: ~3.5 miles
- Minimum age requirement: 10 years or older
- Under 18 must be accompanied by adult
- Maximum participants: 8
- There are NO restrooms at Bell Creek Nature Preserve
Things to bringRequired to bring
- Water in refillable container
- Closed-toe shoes
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Change of clothes
- Bug spray
- We will be hiking in the dark and using flashlights and headlamps to light our stops
For more information, email Rebecca Winch or call (813) 210-7019.
- Registration is required
- The register link below will take you to a page that lists all of our current ECO Tourism events
- If you do not currently have a Parks & Rec account, after adding the event to your shopping cart, you will be able to register for a new account
Bell Creek Preserve
10940 McMullen Road
Riverview FL , 33569
January 28, 2021 | 6:00 PM