Lettuce Lake Native Plant Walk
Come discover the beauty of native plants on a guided tour with a representative of Suncoast Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society.
The walk begins at 9 AM behind the visitor's center. We will leave from the native plant garden to walk the park trails and boardwalk to see what grows naturally in the hardwood swamp and learn how native plant benefit wildlife.
The Suncoast Native Plant Society began in 1983 as the Suncoast Chapter of the Florida Native Plant Society, and for nearly forty years they have enjoyed learning about Florida's native plants and flowers, encouraging others to use native plants in their yards and gardens, and hosting educational events for the public.
Things to know
- Program is free, but the $2 per vehicle (up to eight people) park entry fee applies
- Expect to walk 2 miles
- Meet at the Visitor's Center
- Dogs are not allowed, as they are not permitted to be on the boardwalk
Things to bring
- Water in refillable container or backpack with hydration system (must bring one or the other, can bring both)
- Comfortable, closed-toe shoes (required)
- Hat, if needed
- Bug spray
For more information, email Ashley Martin or call (813) 365-5275.
Lettuce Lake Conservation Park
6920 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa FL, 33637
November 4, 2023 | 9:00 AM