Hiking Spree: Spoonbill Stroll with the Audubon Society
This event is full. Still interested in going? Add yourself to the waitlist. Put the item in your cart and when you checkout the system will automatically add you to the waitlist. Act fast though, as the waitlist may fill up quickly.
Register for the Hiking Spree and join Audubon Volunteer Dr. Mary Keith on a slow-paced walk through Lettuce Lake while seeking out our favorite feathered friends. You'll be searching for all kinds of birds on this walk; so wander for Woodpeckers, search for Spoonbills, and become enamored with Egrets as you check off one of your 8 Hiking Spree hikes on this journey.
Note: This event is meant for birders and nature enthusiasts of all skill levels to enjoy at a slower pace to observe nature, if you're looking to hike quickly this event is not for you.
Things to Note
- There is a $5 event fee, you can pay in advance
- There is a $2 park entrance fee
- Participants should meet behind the Visitors Center
- Event may be cancelled due to weather, rain checks will be provided
- If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult
- No alcohol allowed
- The length of the hike is ~2 miles
- Participants must be 10 years or older
- The maximum number of participants is 12
- Participants must be registered for the Hiking Spree, learn more and register at HCFLGov.net/HikingSpree. No dogs permitted on this guided hike.
Things to Bring
- Water in refillable container
- Closed-toe shoes
- Personal camera
- Bug spray
For more information, contact Ashley Martin or call (813) 365-5275.
Lettuce Lake Conservation Park
6920 East Fletcher Avenue
Tampa FL, 33637
November 12, 2023 | 8:15 AM