Hiking Spree: Woodpecker Wander with the Audubon Society
This event is full. Still interested in going? Add yourself to the waitlist. Put the item in your cart and when you checkout the system will automatically add you to the waitlist. Act fast though, as the waitlist may fill up quickly.
Register for the Hiking Spree and join Audubon Volunteer Dr. Mary Keith on a walk through Alderman's Ford Conservation Park while seeking out our favorite feathered friends. You'll be searching for all kinds of birds on this slower paced walk; so watch for Woodpeckers, hunt for Harriers, and survey for Sparrows as you check off one of your 8 Hiking Spree hikes on this journey.
Note: This event is meant for birders and nature enthusiasts of all skill levels to enjoy at a slower pace to observe nature, if you're looking to hike quickly this event is not for you.
Things to Note
- There is a $5 event fee, you can pay in advance
- There is a $2 park entrance fee
- Participants should meet by shelter 1, at end of parking lot near the trail.
- Rain checks will be provided if cancelled
- If you are under 18 you must be accompanied by an adult
- No alcohol allowed
- The length of the hike is ~2.5 miles
- Participants must be 10 years or older
- The maximum number of participants is 12
- Participants must be registered for the Hiking Spree, learn more and register at HCFLGov.net/HikingSpree. No dogs permitted on this guided hike.
Things to Bring
- Water in refillable container
- Closed-toe shoes
- Personal camera
- Bug spray
- Work gloves
For more information, contact Ashley Martin or call (813) 365-5275.
Aldermans Ford Conservation Park
100 Alderman's Ford Park Dr. (main entrance)
9625 Canoe Launch Loop in Lithia (canoe launch entrance)
Plant City FL, 33567
November 25, 2023 | 8:15 AM