Stormwater Fee Community Open House
Hillsborough County is considering an increase to the annual Stormwater Utility Assessment (Stormwater Fee) that is paid by all property owners in the unincorporated area of the county. This proposed increase would not impact owners of property that is in the cities of Tampa, Temple Terrace, or Plant City. The Stormwater Fee provides money for the County’s Stormwater Program, which includes the maintenance, rehabilitation, and construction of the public stormwater pipes, pumps, storage systems, and other structures to help reduce roadway flooding and improve overall water quality.
Property owners are invited to a community open house to learn about the proposed changes to how fees are assessed and the annual fee amount. The same information will be provided at all the events. Hillsborough County staff will be available from 4 to 7 p.m. during the events at the following locations:
- August 19 - Plant City Community Resource Center, 307 N. Michigan Ave. in Plant City
- August 20 - Jimmie B. Keel Library, 2902 W. Bearss Ave. in Tampa
- August 22 - Town N’ Country Library, 7606 Paula Drive in Tampa
- August 26 - Emanuel P. Johnson Recreation Center, 5855 S. 78th St. in Tampa
- August 27 - Southshore Regional Service Center, 410 30th St. SE in Ruskin
- August 29 - Seffner-Mango Branch Library, 410 N. Kingsway Road in Seffner
A public hearing to consider the fee increase is scheduled for Thursday, September 5, 2019, at 10 a.m. in the 2nd floor Board Room at Frederick B. Karl County Center, 601 E. Kennedy Blvd. in downtown Tampa. Any changes approved by the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners at this hearing would be reflected on the 2019 property tax notices.
More information about the proposed Stormwater Fee is available online or by calling (813) 635-5400.
Plant City Community Resource Center
307 N. Michigan Ave.
Plant City FL, 33566
August 19, 2019 | 4:00 PM