Effective October 1, 2019, in accordance with Chapter 2019-183, Laws of Florida, the Hillsborough County Employee Discipline Appeal Process is the uniform system for the administration of employee discipline appeals of suspension, demotion or dismissal as defined in the process.
Per the Laws of Florida, the following agencies (appointing authorities) are covered by this employee discipline appeal process for all tenured employees:
- Arts Council
- Aviation Authority
- Board of County Commissioners
- Children’s Board
- Clerk of Circuit Court (Clerk of Court & Comptroller)
- Court Administrator*
- County Administrator
- County Attorney
- Environmental Protection Commission
- Expressway Authority
- Internal Auditor
- Planning Commission
- Port Authority
- Property Appraiser
- Soil and Water Conservation District
- Sports Authority
- Supervisor of Elections
- Tax Collector
- Victim Assistance
*Administrative Office of the Courts for positions which are funded by the county and were classified as of January 1, 1998.
All tenured employees of these agencies have the right to utilize the Hillsborough County Employee Discipline Appeal Process. No tenured employee will face retaliation, coercion, or any other form of reprisal for utilizing the discipline appeal process.
- Hillsborough County Employee Discipline Appeals Process
- Employee Discipline Appeal Request Form
- Employee Notice of Discipline Form (for use by agencies)
- Notice of Discipline - Word (fillable)
- Subpoena in a Discipline Appeal Hearing
This discipline appeal process does not preclude the parties from settling the disciplinary appeal using formal or informal alternative dispute resolution methods.
Questions about this discipline appeal process should be directed to the Appeal Intake Office at (813) 274-1626 or emailed to EmployeeAppeal@HCFLGov.net.